Pogo Drive / PogoDrive GPS - Pogo Drive is an advanced, portable, driver information system for motor vehicles.
- Pogo Drive 'V2'
The Brand New PogoDrive V2 from Origin
Technologies, It combines full feature colour touch-screen
satellite navigation with Full Major / Street
European Roads also with advanced safety camera
alerts, in a stylish compact 'plug & play' design.
Delivery & Tech Support
Camera Hotspot Locations
Months Subs & 2yr Warranty
Pogo Drive includes:
1 x PogoDrive unit, USB2 update lead, Windscreen Mount, PogoDrive Software CD, 2 gig SD Card, PogoDrive User Guide
Pogo Drive Unit Dimentions:
H: 75mm W: 110mm D: 30mm - with Open GPS antenna -
D: 55mm with closed GPS antenna
Pogo Drive Modes of Operation
PogoDrive V2, from Origin Technologies, is an advanced, portable, driver information system for motor vehicles.
New Pogo Drive V2 Features -
- New Version 2 code = all new software platform
- New Full European street level mapping
- New Average speed display through SPECS average speed cameras
- New overspeed warning
- New Tracking Logger - log your speed, distance, time travelled with google maps.
- New Mobile camera ‘hotspot alert’ database
European speed camera database - Major
Roads & Street Level
It combines full feature colour touch-screen satellite navigation with the most advanced safety camera alerts, in a stylish compact ‘plug & play’ design.
Pogo Drive Modes of Operation
- Route navigation with pop-up safety warnings
- Map view only with pop-up safety warnings
- Safety warnings only mode
Pogo Drive Hardware Features
- High quality 3.5" TFT colour touch screen
- Internal rechargeable battery for cordless operation in car/out of car
- USB2 port for data downloads via the internet (PC USB)
- Internal 'High Sensitivity' GPS receiver
- Dual full range speakers for clear, high quality audio
- Windscreen mounting - fully 'plug & play'
- Port for (optional) remote GPS antenna
- 12v in-car power cord
Pogo Drive Navigation Key Features
- Detailed street-level mapping of the UK
- Full Major European Roads Included
- Data Tracking - log you speed, miles, distance, time with Google Maps
- Coverage of major European roads Simple touch-screen operation
- Clear turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Full postcode search
- 2D or 3D map views
- On-screen trip info - ETA, distance to destination etc.
- Auto re-calculation of route
- Day and Night operation modes
- Points-of-interest including hotels, petrol stations etc.
- Route optimisation preferences eg. quickest/shortest/fast car/slow car/pedestrian etc.
- Route itinerary featureRoute simulation mode
- Quick and easy 'Go Home' feature
- Favourite destinations memory
- Memory of recent destinations
Speed Camera Alerts
units offer you the chance to know where speed cameras are on
your route, but no other
satellite navigation system utilises Origins unique Origin 360
database. Origin 360 incorporates camera locations across Europe
so from London to Monaco you will always be protected.
PogoDrive offers even more unique features by using Origin
360's camera location technology. Unlike other portable navigators,
Pogo Drive provides full, clear alerts, confirming the speed
camera type, the speed limit at the point of the alert and counts
down accurately to the hazard.
Pogo Drive unit display shots - Navigation
Planning a route on the Pogo Drive
Selecting a destination from a map on the Pogo Drive
Navigating on the Pogo Drive
NAVTEQ Mapping on the Pogo Drive
NavTeq are a world leader in premium-quality digital map data. You’ll find NAVTEQ data onboard most in-vehicle navigation systems sold in North America and Europe. It’s also the driving force behind a new generation of important navigation services, including: Internet websites, Enterprise/Fleet/GIS solutions and Location Based Services (LBS).
For hundreds of applications around the world, NAVTEQ digital map data is the data of choice. Manufacturers, application engineers, product developers, and consumers know NAVTEQ on Board means data that is robust, detailed and reliable, that is why the Pogo Drive NAVTEQ.
Pogo Drive Safety Alert Key Features
- Alerts for ALL types of fixed traps - Gatso, Truvelo, SPECS, DS2
- Schools (time sensitive) (alerts may be switched off by user
- Alerts for user defined, personal locations
- Personal over speed warnings
- Driver Information System - displays distance covered, journey time
- State-of-the-art 12 channel GPS receiver incorporated
- Satellite searching status bar graph with mutable audio
- GPS position display to assist breakdown services, etc
- Unit settings summary on start up
- Viewable unit subscription status
- Powered by cigarette lighter
- Directional feature - provides warnings only for speed traps positioned to catch
Drivers travelling in the direction of the user
- Limitator feature - full warning sounded only if the user is exceeding the prevailing speed limit
- M/way feature - sounds warnings only for speed traps which are sited on the motorway network
- Warnings start either set distance from trap OR set time (factory settings 500m OR 15")
- M/way warnings may start further away than normal warnings (factory settings 700m OR 20")
- Full user interface
- LCD backlight brightness multi-adjustable
- Backlit LCD screen displays:
- Direction of vehicle travel
- Vehicle speed
- LCD screen displays when in range of speed trap:
- Type of speed trap (symbol)
- Vehicle speed
- Speed limit
- Road number
- Countdown (metres or seconds) to speed trap
- Progress bar to speed trap
- LCD screen - programmable for backlight to become brighter when in range of speed trap.
- Screen also used to display user-programming options
- Audible speed trap alerts - "beep" and voice
- Individual volume settings for different warning types
- Auto mute setting with adjustable "muted" volume
- Voice warning of camera type/speed limit when in vicinity of speed trap
- LED speed trap warning/status lightsSpeed trap proximity warning user definable - from 200m to 2000m OR from 5-30 seconds
- Software supplied for Internet locations updates
- Future software improvements downloadable via Internet
- Auto power-off
PogoDrive Detection Features
- Gatso Cameras
- Truvelo Cameras
- Specs Cameras
- New Multi lense 'Daddy' Gatso
- Accident blackspots
- Covers UK/ N Ireland
- European Camera Locations - Major Roads & Street
Pogo Drive unit display shots - Speed Camera Alerts
Pogo Drive - GPS Speed Reading Display
Pogo Drive - Hazard Alerts - Safety Warnings
PogoDrive Camera Subscription Charges
With every PogoDrive unit you get 6 months free camera updates with out having to pay any extra unlike other companies. Afer the 6 months then its just £50 per year for unlimited updates.
Data updates of safety camera locations via PC
With the PogoDrive is updatable via
USB2 port for data downloads via the internet (PC USB)
System requirements: In order to update Pogo Drive’s safety camera database you will require a PC running Windows 98, 2000, XP, ME or Vista system software and internet access.
PogoDrive Product Shots
More detailed Photography of the Pogo Drive / Accessories can be viewed here:
Pogo Drive Product Shots
Buy with confidence
are also now many companies selling Pogo Gps on-line, however
please be very careful to only purchase a Pogo GPS from an authorised
We are an authorised Pogo GPS Internet dealer and being authorised means that the consumer is protected from stolen and counterfeit goods. Also only Authorised Dealers have the expertise to provide you with the best before and after sales service, so before making your purchase ensure that the site displays this logo.